Friday, November 27, 2009

IE restricts web pages I make on my computer from running scripts or active x....?

I get the message across the top of the web page BUT the pages I create are completly blank with no scripting or active x.



I even created a new text document, labeled it "test.html" then opened it in I.E. and I still get that message.



I do NOT get that message with most internet sites and have the security settings set as the same for both Internet and Intranet.



Thanks to anyone who can help.



What can I do.



IE restricts web pages I make on my computer from running scripts or active x....?windows xp service





Are you sure it's a script error? I know sometimes when a broswer dosn't know how to view a file type it will try to download it. Thus causing the little yellow box at the top saying something about security settings.



The reason the broswer gives this error is because of the some what new feature that Microsoft has place in IE to cut down on spam and viruses.



You said you made a test.html right?



%26lt;html%26gt;



%26lt;head%26gt;%26lt;title%26gt;%26lt;/title%26gt;%26lt;/head%26gt;



%26lt;body%26gt;



%26lt;/body%26gt;



%26lt;/html%26gt;



If this was what your test.html file had in it and it still gave you the error then I don't what is wrong. Try your site on another computer because it might be your broswer.



IE restricts web pages I make on my computer from running scripts or active x....?microsoft xp internet explorerSometimes resetting the IE settings want help.. I believe your IE has been corrupted. The only way to test this is to try your site on another computer using IE. Yeah the DocTypes are a good idea too... Report It


Oh BTW thanks for the best answer. Report It


if you add a doctype that might stop it, IE relies heavily on the doc type definition to know how it should display a page.



but what you defiantly want to do is add a mark of the web:



%26lt;!-- saved from url=(0014)about:internet --%26gt;



this would go after the doctype if you add one but before the opening html tag

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan