Friday, November 27, 2009

IE will not open new window when I click on links, I can right click and open in new tab, any help?

this only happens if link requires a new window, I can open in new tab but right clicking, this is very frustrating and not sure if I inadvertently made a change to my browsing, I am open to suggestions.



IE will not open new window when I click on links, I can right click and open in new tab, any help?microsoft net framework





1-Run a Windows update



2-Reinstall IE



3-Reboot



IE will not open new window when I click on links, I can right click and open in new tab, any help?windows xp themes internet explorer



If these answers don't resolve your question which could be numerous things...Windows update would be your first port of call....An un-install and re-install is the next best thing..



If that fails you could always install another browser..Firefox is the most popular, free and much much better and you can import all your I.E bookmarks...



http://firefoxfreebie.blogspot.com
I'm assuming you upgraded to the crappy Internet Explorer 7 no doubt.



Reset tab settings if you did.



Click TOOLS? select Internet Options



The Internet Options dialog box appears.



Select the General tab



In the Tabs section, click SETTINGS



The Tabbed Browsing Settings dialog box appears.



Make the desired settings changes



OPTIONAL: To restore default tab settings, click RESTORE DEFAULTS



To save changes and close, click OK



To cancel changes and close, click CANCEL



To close the Internet Options dialog box, click OK

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan