Sunday, November 29, 2009

Strabismus (ie... lazy eye)?

Has anyone had a surgery for severe strabismus that was successful? I have had 2 surgeries and my last one made my eye worse! I'm terribly insecure about my eye, but obviously can't hide it........ I'm thinking about another surgery to try to fix it but the last one was a 10,000 surgery and did nothing.



Anyone have a success story??



Strabismus (ie... lazy eye)?microsoft internet explorer





My friend's little girl had a serious lazy eye to the point where her iris would just disappear sometimes.



My son has a mild one, and I was told that such a mild one may not indicate surgery because very often the surgery doesn't get the eye to be just right the first time around. As you must know, it can be tricky for them to make the perfect adjustment (or whatever they do) so that the eye won't "get lazy in the other direction".



My girlfriend's little girl had a successful surgery after holding off for a while.



There are success stories, but the other side to that is you shouldn't feel self-conscious. People know about lazy eyes, and sometimes they kind of give someone a little "character" or are even kind of cute.



If you decide to have surgery, though, you may want to look into the most expert facility for that type of surgery and find a doctor affiliated with that facility. Maybe your severe case is a little more than the "run-of-the-mill" doctor can handle.



Strabismus (ie... lazy eye)?microsoft downloads internet explorer



I don't have a particular answer to your question, but strabismus is not the same thing as (lazy eye) amblyopia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
loan